About Brava Home:
We’re an IoT company focusing on improving the kitchen experience. Our first product is an innovative cooking device that uses some serious physics and technology to take the guesswork and legwork out of cooking healthy, high-quality food. Our team consists of IoT and consumer hardware rockstars who have shipped products like the August Lock, Kindle and iPhone, as well as product, marketing and business trailblazers who have led multiple companies to high-profile exits. Are you a foodie looking to work with an amazing team that will both challenge and support you? Let’s talk!
An opportunity to work on the foundational technology of a disruptive new cooking machine. As the lead developer and keeper of the product's embedded Linux stack, you will be the bedrock of the product's user experience, its performance as a cooking machine and the joy it brings to customers. You will have the responsibility to make the machine secure, reliable, quick to boot and low on energy consumption. Your work with embedded app developers will together create a smart, intuitive user interface for a refreshing new kind of cooking experience. We have a fast-paced, highly-collaborative workplace where you will work closely with the product team, electrical engineering, app developers and more to create a truly unique product.
Things you’ll own/do:
- Develop, optimize and maintain an embedded Linux-based OS for the product
- Support computer-vision engineering, application development and more
- Support and collaborate on product-specific system services
- Develop and maintain firmware and drivers for other on-board CPUs
- Collaborate with external vendors and product-development partners
Our ideal candidate has:
- Experience creating or adapting a Linux distribution to embedded hardware.
- Experience merging core Linux kernel code with vendor packages, patches and BSPs to enable all required hardware in an existing device.
- Linux kernel and module development/debugging experience with JTAG or similar
- Embedded firmware development and debugging skills
- Experience working with external vendors or partners
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Strong communication and reasoning skills
Bonus points for:
- BS degree (or higher) in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Experience with embedded camera and image-processing
- Internet-of-Things product experience
- Wi-Fi, networking, software-update and other relevant areas
- Experience with application and/or mobile development
Why You Should Work Here:
- You’ll be compensated with competitive salary, equity and benefits
- We’ll trust you to do things right
- Your feedback and opinions are valued and heard
- We’re at an early stage and provide significant career growth opportunity
- You’ll be creating something that people love and use on a daily basis!