Machine Vision Embedded Engineer
About Brava Home:
We’re an IoT company focusing on improving the kitchen experience. Our first product is an innovative cooking device that uses some serious physics and technology to take the guesswork and legwork out of cooking healthy, high-quality food. Our team consists of IoT and consumer hardware rockstars who have shipped products like the August Lock, Kindle and iPhone, as well as product, marketing and business trailblazers who have led multiple companies to high-profile exits. Are you a foodie looking to work with an amazing team that will both challenge and support you? Let’s talk!
A unique opportunity to discover, design and develop computer vision processing and inference algorithms for a disruptive, next-generation cooking machine. You will apply OpenCV and other technologies in combination with originally-developed algorithms to detect attributes of food and its progress during cooking to help guide the cooking process. Your software will run directly on the device and is of critical importance to the performance, user experience and customer satisfaction of this remarkable product. We develop in a fast-moving, highly cross-functional organization so you will interact directly with mechanical and product-development engineers, as well as researchers, food-scientists and other groups. We need someone who is excited by this fast-paced, collaborative opportunity to help us change the way we live and cook.
Things you’ll own/do:
- Original research in food-related computer-vision processing
- Collaborate on R&D with CV and signal-processing experts
- Basic project-management and leadership of CV engineering
- Implement food-related CV inference algorithms on an embedded system
- Participate in food-science R&D to understand cooking processes and signals
- Evaluate performance of CV algorithms by cooking food!
Our ideal candidate has:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Computer vision implementation experience with OpenCV or similar
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Strong communication and reasoning skills
Bonus points for:
- MS or PhD in CS, Mathematics
- Chemistry and/or physics graduate or undergraduate studies
- Experience in embedded development and/or mobile development (iOS, Android)
- Experience working with external vendors or partners
Why You Should Work Here:
- You’ll be compensated with competitive salary, equity and benefits
- We’ll trust you to do things right
- Your feedback and opinions are valued and heard
- We’re at an early stage and provide significant career growth opportunity
- You’ll be creating something that people love and use on a daily basis!